We want to offer you the best products and the best service. We aim to consistently exceed your expectations, so that when you book with us, you can feel confident you're with the best team there is. These Booking Conditions aim to bring important points to your attention.
These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with Holiday Extras Limited. The web site address www.chessingtonholidays.co.uk is used by Holiday Extras Limited for the promotion of hotels and Chessington World of Adventures park entrance tickets.
Once your hotel and ticket package for Chessington has been confirmed we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with the following Booking Conditions as an organiser under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
1. Making your booking: The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us and must be at least 18 when the booking is made. Please also note that one guest per hotel room must be 18 years old or over.
All bookings must be made online via the website www.chessingtonholidays.co.uk or by calling our Customer Experience Team. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agreed with our Booking Conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by the provision of a booking reference number. We will provide your booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you take your confirmation email with you.
You will need to provide your booking reference number at the Group's Desk, located at the main entrance at Chessington World of Adventures to receive your park entrance tickets, please make sure you have your booking reference number with you.
Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as, unless we're at fault, it may not be possible to make changes later.
Please note that if you are staying on a winter break between November and March, there may be special terms that apply to your booking in addition to, or as a replacement of parts of, these Booking Conditions. For example, certain winter breaks are non-refundable and non-amendable. Please check the winter breaks' full events pages on www.chessingtonholidays.co.uk for any special terms that apply or call our Customer Experience Team on 0871 360 2639 for more information. Calls cost 11p per minute plus your phone company's access charge.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking. All bookings made by credit cards are subject to a 2.0% handling fee with a min. charge £1.50 and a max. charge £19.95. This handling fee is non-refundable and does not apply to debit cards.
Please note: Chessington Holidays uses the merchant ID 'HX SHORT BREAKS', and this will appear on your bank account statement once you have made your booking and payment has been taken from your account.
3. Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when, in respect of online bookings, the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference number or, in respect of bookings made over the phone, our Customer Experience Team gives you a booking reference number. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your booking in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your booking in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your booking in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
4. The cost of your break: Holiday Extras is committed to providing the highest standards and the best choice of product at the best prices, so throughout the season we continually review our products and prices. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up. Therefore, we reserve the right to raise or lower prices at any time.
Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our pricing, sometimes errors do occur. We reserve the right to correct such errors and will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. When we become aware of any such error, we will endeavour to notify you at the time of booking (if we are then aware of the mistake) or as soon as reasonably possible. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if you do not wish to accept the price which is actually applicable to the package you have booked.
A total price of your chosen break will be given before you confirm your booking, which you may choose to accept or not.
All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT at the current rate of 20%.
5. Changes by you: Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed break, you must notify us as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist you, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. All amendments must be made through Chessington Holidays at Holiday Extras.
Please note that any bookings within 36 hours of the date of your ticket entrance to Chessington World of Adventures or within 36 hours of the date of your hotel stay (whichever is the earlier), are non-amendable and non-refundable. In respect of cancellations, you will have to pay the cancellation charges set out in clause 6 below.
Refunds do not include any credit card charges that have been applied as these are non-refundable.
6. Cancellation by you: Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through Chessington Holidays at Holiday Extras via the Customer Experience Team and are subject to the conditions and cancellation charges (based on the total booking cost) below:
Period before the date of your ticket entrance to Chessington World of Adventures or the date of your hotel stay (whichever is the earlier)
(Cancellation charges as a % of total booking cost)
More than 14 days* - 25%
4-14 days - 50%
36 hours to 3 days - 75%
Less than 36 hours - 100%
Our cancellation charges are a percentage of your total booking cost, not including credit card fees which are non-refundable. Cancellations must be made by calling our Customer Experience Team on 0871 360 2639 during our opening hours of 09:00 â 20:00. Calls cost 11p per minute plus your phone companyâs access charge. Cancellation requests via email, letter, fax or voicemail will not be processed.
*Cancellations made before 8pm on the date of purchase attract no cancellation charges (unless your stay date is within 36 hours of the date of your ticket entrance to Chessington World of Adventures or the date of your hotel stay (whichever is the earlier), in which case 100% cancellation fees will apply).
Cancellation Protection. If you add our non-refundable cancellation protection on to your booking (which must be done at the time of booking), this will protect you if you need to cancel for any reason.
Provided you cancel your booking at least 36 hours before the date of your ticket entrance to Chessington World of Adventures or the date of your hotel stay (whichever is the earlier), then you will receive a full refund of your booking cost, minus the cancellation charge and any credit card charges. Please note that if you cancel your stay within this 36 hour period, you will be charged the full cost of your booking.
7. Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors on websites / brochures and other details. This may happen both before and after bookings have been confirmed, and we reserve the right to cancel confirmed bookings if necessary.
Occasionally, we have to make a significant change to your booking. Significant changes include the following when made before departure:
A change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard. A change of accommodation area.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements.
(b) purchasing an alternative Theme park break from us of a similar standard to that originally booked, if available. If the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference, but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more.
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will pay you compensation (up to a maximum of £20 per person) where appropriate, subject to the following exceptions:
In circumstances where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, or the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care, compensation will not be payable and we will not be liable beyond offering the above mentioned choices which can be accepted or declined.
No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time).
In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options and, where applicable, compensation. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
8. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (a) below) as a result of 'force majeure'.
In these Booking Conditions, 'force majeure' means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
9. Our Liability to you:
(a) We promise to make sure that all parts of the break we have agreed to arrange, perform or provide as part of our contract with you are arranged, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. We will accept responsibility if any death, personal injury, failure or deficiency of your arrangements is caused by any fault of ours, our agents or suppliers. When we talk about 'fault' above, this means failure by ourselves, our agents or suppliers (as applicable) to use reasonable skill and care in performing or providing the service in question. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim.
(b) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
The fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party.
The fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your break which we could not have predicted or avoided.
An event or circumstance which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care (see clause 8).
The fault of anyone who is not carrying out work for us (generally or in particular) at the time.
Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
We cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(c) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract - and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred if not the UK - will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK.
Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and off the transport concerned) provided by any rail carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier or hotel keeper concerned would have to pay under the international convention which applies to the travel arrangements or hotel stay in question. Please note: Where a carrier or hotel would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable International Convention or Regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
(d) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 10 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us, or our insurers, any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
10. Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your break whilst away, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the supplier as soon as possible. If you are still dissatisfied, you must notify us at the earliest opportunity through our Customer Experience Team. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. If you remain dissatisfied, however, you must write to our Customer Care Team within 28 days of the end of the break you have purchased from us, giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
11. Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of a theme park break.
12. Conditions of suppliers: Many of the services which make up your break are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 9 (c)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
13. Special requests and medical problems: If you have any special requests, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your break, please tell us before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
14. Financial security: For hotel packages with Theme park entrance tickets, we operate a trust account. This arrangement means your money will be refunded in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
15. Call Monitoring and Recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
16. Directions: Please make sure you have directions to your hotel and the hotel's telephone number. Basic directions are provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date road map.
17. Overnight parking: Parking for the night of your stay at the hotel is included in the price, unless otherwise stated. Parking is always at the vehicle owner's risk. Hotels own car parks are unsecured unless otherwise stated.
18. Holiday Extras star ratings: All hotel star ratings in Holiday Extras literature are Holiday Extras own ratings and are based on the following: Any official rating awarded to the hotel, for example: AA Stars, RAC Stars and ETB Crowns will be considered, but they would not translate directly into the equivalent number of Holiday Extras stars.
If a hotel does not hold an official rating, we evaluate it on a similar basis to most official scheme operators.
In both of the above cases, when giving our rating we also consider:
Feedback we have received from our customers.
Feedback from our own regular visits to the hotels, both on business & as customers.
19. Standard rooms: All rooms offer a private bathroom with shower and in some cases a bath (unless otherwise stated).
20. Breakfast: Included unless otherwise stated at the time of booking.
21. Leisure facilities: If available, may be charged for and admission restricted for children.
22. Alarm calls: As hotels do not take responsibility for alarm calls we suggest you take a travel alarm.
23. Pre-authorisation at hotel: Please be aware that most hotels will ask you for a credit or debit card against which they can pre-authorise an amount in respect of any extras or other expenses charged to the room. The amount pre-authorised is at the discretion of the hotel and varies widely. In the event that any charges are payable you will be free to pay for these either with the pre-authorised card or by any other acceptable means.
24. Lead prices: Lead prices will be stated on individual events or offers pages and will explain full details. For more information please call 0871 360 2639. Calls cost 11p per minute plus your phone company's access charge.
25. Two day tickets: all days must be used within two days of your first entry date into Chessington.
26. Kids Go FREE offer: One child up to the age of 11 goes free per paying adult. Children under 90cm go free into the Resort.
Organisers/carers are relied upon to consider the suitability of the venue and to provide adequate supervision for their clients.
Guests are admitted to the attraction subject to the regulations that are displayed at the main entrance.
All prices on all days are subject to change without prior notice.
Whilst the attractions will endeavour to open as many rides and attractions as possible, we reserve the right to alter or change the programme of rides and attractions if necessary.
All information and prices are correct at time of going to press and are subject to change without warning.
If you have any further queries regarding your Chessington Holiday, please contact us:
Address: Apple Barn, Smeeth, Ashford, TN25 6SS
01303 490 038 Calls are charged at local rate
0871 360 2639 Calls cost 11p per minute plus your phone company's access charge